Obesity is an issue of growing public concern. In fact, 64% of Canadian adults are considered overweight or obese. Research has shown that losing as little as 5% of a person’s baseline weight can offer significant health benefits. Pharmacists are the most accessible healthcare providers, and here at CurisRx Pharmacy, we want to help!
Your South Calgary Pharmacist-led Weight Management Clinic!
CurisRx Pharmacy is pleased to provide a Pharmacist-lead Weight Management Clinic. This is a clinical pharmacy program that is overseen by our experienced pharmacists and helps patients with their weight-loss efforts. We take a holistic approach, using evidence-based medicine in order to empower and coach individuals to lose weight in a practical, safe and sustainable way. Driven by our own personal weight loss journeys, our dedicated team of professionals recognizes a need for a comprehensive program that combines the expertise of pharmacists with the development of healthy habits. Our particular program will review your diet, activity, mental well-being and if appropriate, we may prescribe medications to help assist with weight loss. We will monitor your weight and body compositions throughout your individual journey, and provide you with strategies, dietary recommendations, and ongoing support to ensure that you stay on track and reach your goals. Our CurisRx Pharmacy pharmacists will also make sure that your family doctor and any other members of your health care team are kept up to date on your progress throughout the entire program. No referral is needed to be a patient in our weight management program and there is no waitlist.
Let CurisRX Pharmacy help you discover a new chapter in your health journey with our pharmacist-run weight loss clinic. Let us empower you to shed those extra pounds and embrace a healthier, more vibrant life!
Pharmacist-LED Weight Management Program
Our program includes:
- Motivational interviewing techniques
- Basic review of your dietary patterns and daily food intake
- Review of your activity level
- Screening for various mental health conditions such as binge eating disorder or depression
You will be provided with:
- 8 follow-up visits
- Personalized basic dietary and activity recommendations*
- Strategies to empower you to remain engaged with our program including how to navigate different environments such as eating out or during times of stress
- Screening for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and osteoporosis
- Comprehensive medication review